- Service Revenues
- Payroll & Benefits
- Real Estate
- Loan Payments
Advancing the Mission of the University at Buffalo
UB is a world-class public research university, transforming lives in our community – and around the globe – every day. The University at Buffalo Foundation, Inc. and affiliates (UB Foundation) are proud to serve as key partners for UB, delivering the crucial financial support needed to further UB’s strategic goals in research, scholarship and academic excellence.
Serving UB for more than 50 years
The UB Foundation has supported countless activities and programs for UB students, faculty, staff and alumni. By providing stewardship of key assets, the UB Foundation generates and administers the financial resources needed to help UB realize the vision of the UB 2020 strategic plan.
As part of our mission in supporting a nationally recognized university, we:
- Manage the university’s endowment, ensuring long-term financial stability and continued growth
- Provide resources that facilitate effective recruiting of the best faculty nationally and internationally
- Offer a wide range of financial services for various units of UB, streamlining costs and promoting efficiency while improving purchasing power
- Secure, develop and manage real property on behalf of UB; the UB Foundation was instrumental in securing the property needed to relocate the UB School of Medicine and Biosciences to downtown Buffalo
- Administer thousands of private gifts and grants annually at the behest of donors, ensuring an engaged base of alumni and community supporters, and helping donors achieve their desire to support UB
- Generate resources, acquire state-of-the-art equipment and fulfill other critical rolls in support of scholarship and research at UB, furthering UB’s reputation as an international leader in higher education
- Enhance public service initiatives that make Western New York a better place to live
Learn more about how the UB Foundation is Serving the UB Community.
Sharing critical financial information
On our Financial Information page, you will find extensive information about the UB Foundation’s investments, expenses and revenues – including 990 forms and audited financial statements.
For more information
We welcome your questions, input and feedback. Please contact us for more information.
“The UB Foundation was instrumental in land purchases that allowed the university to begin building a new medical school in downtown Buffalo. Placing top clinical and scientific talent in a metropolitan academic medical center will attract the very best physicians and researchers which will, in turn, result in the best medical care possible for Western New Yorkers. This strategic move would not have been possible without the help of the UB Foundation.”
Michael E. Cain, MD
Vice President for Health Sciences and Dean, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences